Browse all of our May new releases, including new picture books, middle grade, and young adult books!Discover our May new releases →
We’re celebrating our Asian American and Pacific Islander authors, illustrators, and creators this month (and every month)! Keep reading to discover new books and revisit your favorites!Discover books & resources for AAPI Month →
These books for kids and teens sensitively deal with tough topics and big emotions. Perfect for SEL units, these stories normalize mental health issues, promote the importance of self-care, and provide more resources for young readers who are struggling to process big emotions like anger, sadness, anxiety, and loss. Share these stories with young readers to let them know they are not alone.Find books for Mental Health Awareness Month here →
Discover your next favorite book with the MacKids School & Library Spring 2021 Preview! Hear from our team as they present some of our wonderful upcoming titles, including picture books, middle grade, and young adult titles!
3:40 – Adrianna Cuevas in conversation with editor, Trisha de Guzman
15:38 – Picture Books
29:57 – Middle Grade Books
47:27 – Young Adult Books
- What Stars Are Made Of – Twelve-year-old Libby, who has Turner Syndrome, enters a contest to raise money in prep for her sister’s new baby
- Master of His Fate – a nonfiction title about FDR’s experience with polio
- Not So Different – Shane Burcaw, who has spinal muscular atrophy, tackles many of the mundane and quirky questions that he’s often asked about living with a disability
- My Three Best Friends and Me, Zulay – Zulay, the main character, is blind and works with friends to reach her Field Day goal of running a race
- How to Make Friends With the Sea – the main character has anxiety and selective mutism and discovers how friendship can help him overcome his fears
- All He Knew by Helen Frost – a novel in verse about an institutionalized deaf boy during World War II who finds hope and friendship in the midst of oppression
- The Brave by James Bird – a boy with OCD is welcomed by his new family and befriends the quirky neighbor
- Marshmallow and Jordan by Alina Chau – Jordan, a girl in Indonesia who uses a wheelchair, finds a way to be an athlete again after her accident
Celebrate Earth Day (April 22) with these books! Keep reading to discover an entire collection of books that will inspire your young readers to become environmentally conscious.
YAView our full collection of environmental books here →
Browse all of our April new releases, including new picture books, middle grade, and young adult books!Discover our April new releases →
Inspired by the many Indigenous-led movements across North America, We Are Water Protectors is a bold and lyrical picture book by Carole Lindstrom and illustrated by Michaela Goade. It issues an urgent rallying cry to safeguard the Earth’s water from harm and corruption.
In the spirit of this stunning book, we want YOU to take the Protector’s Pledge this Earth Day!Download the Kit Here →
Browse all of our March new releases, including new picture books, middle grade, and young adult books!Discover our March new releases →